[AusNOG] bigpond mail problems?

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Mon Nov 7 15:48:14 EST 2016

Same here. I have some customers using either "mail.bigpond.com" and "
smtp.telstra.com" on retail and TID tails; all getting the same result.
Unable to relay mail via Telstra's SMTP servers. Postfix is claiming "Host
or domain name not found. Name service error for name=smtp.telstra.com
type=MX: Host not found, try again" but doing a manual session to "
smtp.telstra.com" from a TID service works fine (both unencrypted TCP/25
and encrypted TCP/465).

Currently no work-around and I can't really see anything amiss in DNS
either. Anyone from Telstra's mail team floating around?

Cheers,

James