[AusNOG] Diagramming Networks in 2022 - Should it be this hard?

Etienne-Victor Depasquale edepa at ieee.org
Sun Oct 9 18:57:52 AEDT 2022

Jason,

Last September (
https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2021-September/thread.html), I
posted a similar question to NANOG.
The thread was titled "Telecommunications network drafting software".
You might find something helpful there.

I'll confess that ultimately, I resigned myself to:

(a) using Visio
(b) buying Visio templates (especially those for radio access networks)
(c) using basic shapes and labelling them, instead of endlessly chasing a
wild goose on the Internet.

Ultimately, my humble diagnosis is that we're on our own until someone
decides to take this up as a business venture.

Cheers,

Etienne