[AusNOG] IPv6

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Fri Mar 27 00:36:46 EST 2015

FFS is it 2008 all over again?  This same sort of advice made the rounds in 2008,
2009, 2010....check the archives.
Still good advice - but clearly few bothered.
The thread starting at http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2013-March/017219.html
has some sound advice.

As to why CGNAT is not the solution - read
http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2010-October/008535.html thread through
again. Doesn't matter how much you squeeze IPv4, you won't connect to IPv6-only sites,
and they'll not connect to yours.