[AusNOG] IPV6 DEPLOYMENT SUGGESTION

pritam.ghosh at wipro.com pritam.ghosh at wipro.com
Fri Oct 8 16:50:20 EST 2010

Dear Sir,

We have configured BGP for commissioning the IPv6 link provided by
Airtel.BGP peering has been successfully done and we are able to reach
global IPv6 sites e.g. ipv6.google.com through this link.

Details are given below

WAN IP Bharti End: 2404:A800:2:E::1/64
WAN IP Webel End: 2404:A800:2:E::2/64

IP V6 Prefixes :2001:0DF0:00C0::/48

Challenge:

We are not able to access IPv4 global sites e.g. www.google.com through
this IPv6 backbone of Airtel. Also, IPv4  hosts are not able to access
internet through this link.

Customer does not have any global IPv4 address for enabling the
dual-stack.

Can you suggest how this translation from IPv6-IPv4-IPv6 can be
achieved?

Thanks & Regards

Pritam Ghosh

Sr. Engineer-System Integration