[AusNOG] gumtree support

Wed Sep 24 15:24:02 EST 2014

eBay/Paypal/Gumtree are all at:

eBay International A.G.
Level 23, 1 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
T: (02) 8288 0158 | F: (02) 8288 0001

A friend whom was having Paypal account lock issues visited them more than
once in person and this greased the wheels somewhat. Just saying.

You can also find lots of Gumtree employees on LinkedIn. They likely have a
first.last at gumtree.com.au (or ebay.com.au), or you can facebook them :)
Depends how pushy you want to be.

Google: site:au.linkedin.com "at gumtree australia" -job

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Colin Stubbs <
colin.stubbs at equatetechnologies.com.au> wrote:

> That's their business model guys. Volume business with zero or very small
profits on each user/service. I'm not sure what else you expected.

> It's like the gnomes in South Park, except the sale of underpants on
gumtree/ebay is only an unintentional side effect of what they do.

> Step 1: Get people to advertise stuff for free.
> Step 2: .... (Try to make a small amount of money of buyers and sellers
with value adds/handling fees. Try to make money off advertising and
selling user data.)
> Step 3: Hopefully profit, but only if we don't pay any money for staff.
>
> Unless you document the issue you've had, make it public and then get
enough attention to shame them in a way that impacts the business, it will
continue to make sense for them to offer no support and/or unresponsive
support.

> Colin Stubbs | Equate Technologies
> Level 27, Santos Place, 32 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
> T: +61 7 3181 5558 | M: +61 488 000 977
> E: colin.stubbs @ equatetechnologies . com . au
>
> On 24 September 2014 14:16, Robert Hudson <hudrob at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you think they're bad, try the other eBay business - PayPal...
>>
>> On 24 September 2014 14:11, Sam Sarkis-UIP <ssarkis at unitedip.net.au>
wrote:

>>> They have got to be one of the worse companies to deal with from a
support point of view.

>>> I think it is very poor form that there is no way of having a phone
escalation to anyone nor to a way to go past what appears to be a
outsourced helpdesk.