[AusNOG] Metadata retention... it's now (almost) a thing

Andrew Ehrhardt andrew at miclub.com.au
Thu Oct 30 15:35:56 EST 2014

It's concerning at how open to interpretation the retention rules seem to be. What entities are going to be required to collect this information? Are small businesses going to have to keep email server logs? What about machine generated communications (e.g sms alerts or reminder emails)?

Cheers,
Andrew.