[AusNOG] Scaling beyond 1Gbps transit

James Braunegg james.braunegg at micron21.com
Tue Sep 24 22:56:52 EST 2013

Dear James

We had this very debate back in 2010 we were using Cisco 7200 G2 at our pop sites and they would just die under pressure .... Even more so when you started to flow traffic.

We looked at the Cisco ASR, Brocade MLXe and Juniper MX routers all of which were stupidly large from a capacity point of view .... We ended up choosing the Brocade MLXe platform and it's been a choice which I'm very happy with..... Lots of ports, lots of capacity and huge amounts of performance.

That being said as mentioned you also have the Brocade CER RT which is a 1RU box like a MLXe but cut down in physical size single routing engine but still supports 4 x 10gbit interfaces and 1.5 million routes.

Kindest Regards

James Braunegg
P:  1300 769 972  |  M:  0488 997 207 |  D:  (03) 9751 7616
E:   james.braunegg at micron21.com<mailto:james.braunegg at micron21.com>  |  ABN:  12 109 977 666
W:  www.ddosprotection.com.au<http://www.ddosprotection.com.au>  T: @micron21

This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.