[AusNOG] Adaptec Raid - Web Control Panel

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Nov 30 15:46:55 EST 2013

I believe we had this discussion before Robert, within twelve months,
search your archives for my indepth thoughts.

Basically, charging what you do, for what you offer, is a joke, when the
same information is freely obtained with 10 seconds to 5 mins of google
magic, faster than most list responses would ever be as well.

If you want people to join, you need to give them value for money, and
frankly, in 2013, there is pretty much nothing you could given to
justify anywhere near that cost with the various free technical lists,
forums, usenet, and IRC options, with, being open, permits a far wider
range of professionals, increasing dramatically the available knowledge.

On 30/11/2013 10:55, Robert Hudson wrote:

> Hi Noel,
>
> I'm sorry you feel that way about SAGE-AU. I'd be very happy to discuss with you what you'd like to see SAGE-AU offering above and beyond the existing offerings to make it worth more than the cost of a cup of coffee a week.
>
> For what it's worth, yes, we had a substantial drop in membership over the 2011/2012 period, but last year we grew again, and we're growing again this year. So I guess we must be pleasing some people. :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert Hudson
> President, SAGE-AU
>
> On 30 November 2013 11:22, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
>
> surely your not suggesting he pays 110 bucks a year (or has it gone up now?) for a next to useless ..... the mailing lists were the only tiny part of it that was worth anything, but paying for access to a mailing list, wow stupidity.
>
> plenty of free mailing lists around, and there's even this place called google, or this strange thing thats been around for decades that most kids of today have not clue of called IRC.
>
> disclaimer:
> yes I was a member, it taught me and countless others nothing (hence why membership is drying up in recent years), it only ate away at our wallets, and frankly I'd rather spend that 110 on a good feed of Chinese
>
> On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 21:52 +1000, David Hughes wrote:
>
> Perhaps SAGE-AU would be a more appropriate forum.
>
> Thanks
>
> David …
>
> On 29/11/2013, at 9:14 PM, Daniel Watson <daniel at glovine.com.au> wrote: Gday Noggers,

>> Apologies, this may seem a little stupid,

>> I was wondering if anybody can tell me what I'm after and possibly instructions on how to achieve this?

>> I'm wanting a web panel on a custom port for my server's raid card, its an Adaptec 5405 and 6405 cards

>> TIA

>> D.

_Kind Regards_
_Noel Butler_

 This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all relevance of this message including any
attachments, immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal
privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of
this message. Only PDF [2] and ODF [3] documents are accepted, do not
send Microsoft proprietary formatted documents.

Links:
------
[2] http://www.adobe.com/
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument