[AusNOG] Understanding lack of Aus connectivity to melbournefreeuniversity.org.

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sat Apr 13 17:05:22 EST 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM, hannah commodore <hannah at tinfoilhat.net>wrote:

> Speaking of specific LEA requests may be disallowed, but nothing prevents
> operators from discussing them generally.
> Acknowledging that carriers do occasionally receive requests to block a
> /32, and act on them, is all that the OP is asking

Also: it may be that no-one ever receives secret orders to block IPs, and
such agreements don't exist. In which case, it's really very easy to
publicly deny the existence of such orders. You're not going to get into
trouble for going public about the non-existence of non-existent agreements.

(The fact that nobody has categorically denied it yet does not indicate
that such orders *do* exist. It may simply be proving the existence of
people who take the weekend off work and/or don't read AusNog threads of
60+ emails, of which I have circumstantial but not conclusive evidence.)

d.