[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Chris Ricks chris.ricks at securepay.com.au
Thu Nov 8 13:21:24 EST 2012

The fact that Telstra, Optus and the other two GoF members continue to
operate as they do is disgusting - it's the result of a poorly conceived
government-sponsored choice well over a decade ago.

The opportunity to fix this is being ignored by Conroy, further
displaying his complete ignorance of the marketplace.

If there was ever a reason to ensure a neutral party provided IX
services, Simon Hackett nailed it in his blog post
http://blog.internode.on.net/2011/05/16/peering-policy-gaps-nbn/

Chris