[AusNOG] Heavy Handed Sales Taticts by Bigswamp and Tel$tra

Matt Taylor matt at mt.au.com
Thu May 10 11:33:05 EST 2012

Well, the market is pretty much churn these days compared to new sales,
so it wouldn't surprise me if anything is said to land the sale.

It's always been the case even with other providers such as Optus saying
stuff like this. Sales staff (and customers) have little to no knowledge
when it comes to DSL, cable distance and attenuation so flashy words
like "faster speeds" would be quite attractive.

With ACCC, perhaps it would be ideal but it could come back saying as
the individual staff member required more training?

Cheers,
Matt Taylor.