[AusNOG] Cessnock Exchange

Rod rod at rb.net.au
Tue Nov 15 16:09:52 EST 2011

This is one of the reasons why the NBN was created J

Just a pity the ACCC mandated >100 POI L   Would have been nice if ACCC said
the NBN could offer as many or as few POI as the customer wanted; with the
NBN owning all the major intercapital/suburban fibre connections of
Telstra's it would have meant Telstra couldn't have undercut the NBN on
backhaul pricing.

I would not have thought that the 'retail lady' really knows that moving to
Telstra retail would fix the problem, though I'm curious, does anyone know
if Telstra really has separate back haul from a DSLAM for wholesale and
retail customers?

Rod