[AusNOG] Femtocells

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:34:09 EST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM, James Troy <james.troy at intralot.com.au>wrote:

> Also some more information i have managed to pry from optus today:
>
> If you are not in the area’s mentioned but are interested, go to one of the
> mentioned stores and pick one up, no technical reason why it wont work.

I think the rest of the person's sentence should have been: "...work any
differently to ones in those areas."

"Work" being something not terribly well defined or clear in this context
imho.

Not that I wish to cast aspersions on the product, it might be fabulous. I
haven't tried it.

> The national rollout date for these devices is the start of may 2011.

I wonder what that means? Cell planning starts? Shop stocking starts?
Customer support starts? Training of engineer number 312 starts?
Installation onto local telegraph poles against a national roll out plan
which might take 15years starts? Or stops? A free one will be bundled with
every cable modem purchase?

I wish people would be specific when they say things...

--

Narelle
narellec at gmail.com