[AusNOG] Femtocells

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 08:56:27 EST 2011

A quick google led me to this article:

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/blogs/gadgets-on-the-go/optus-femtocells--saviour-or-scam-20110411-1db1h.html

Which says:

=====
The Optus 3G Home Zone works on any broadband provider’s network,
however Optus recommends a download speed of at least 1 Mbps and upload
of at least 256 kbps for “best performance”. So if your home internet
connection gets throttled your femtocell is also crippled. The data used
 is not unmetered - even for Optus broadband customers - so you could be
 looking at excess data charges on your home internet bill. Optus
estimates a femtocell will chew through about 1 GB per month. It seems
stingy that Optus broadband cable customers don’t have unmetered usage,
although the trial is also designed to allow Optus to evaluate various
billing scenarios so that may change.
=====

It also has this link to the Optus website:
http://www.optus.com.au/home/mobile-phones/homezone/
which includes a list of Optus outlets to contact that might know something about it.

HTH.

regards,
Tony.