[AusNOG] Aus isp security teams?

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Wed Aug 13 22:47:06 EST 2008

> Its quite odd to find that AU ISPs do not bother to SMS or email
> customers when approaching their bandwidth cap but rather let them
> consume what they want and charge high rates.

We certainly do email our customers when they're approaching their
bandwidth caps.   However, almost all of our customers are on shaped
plans so they don't incur an excess fee.   We're certainly not alone
with this.  We also have on our website break downs by hour etc -
there's a tool someone wrote called MuM which displays it all on your
PC.  I suggest you broaden your research a bit.

We run a number of WIMAX networks in regional areas.   The main issue
is getting licensed spectrum in metro areas - a lot of it is tied up
by the encumbent.

MMC
--
Matthew Moyle-Croft Internode/Agile Peering and Core Networks