[AusNOG] fq_codel/cake/libreqos beta testers wanted

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 02:15:25 AEDT 2023

It was very nice to see several of you join the #libreqos:matrix.org chatroom!

I still have big, researchy questions about what the Net looks like
there. I don't know what the fiber rollout's state is, how much
fq_codel deployed in radios, how much mikrotik/cambium/ubnt wireless
tech is there vs a vs juniper (does anyone actually configure RED on
their juniper/etc boxes? Can you share packet caps of a test like
this: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/juniper/ )

I am very interested in optimizing transports and fq_codel/cake for
wildly varying RTTs and bandwidths. Right now I am looking at the
hardest problem there is, Africa, which is not running much faster
that 10/6 mbit even in the best cases, and 90% of traffic exits the
continent. How much Australian traffic exits the continent? (and if
there are good resources on this please let me know? A BGP AS number
to typical RTT tool?)