[AusNOG] fq_codel/cake/libreqos beta testers wanted

Jacob Bisby ausnog at jdmnet.com.au
Wed Mar 15 00:05:53 AEDT 2023

We've had a good chat or two on this subject already Dave :), chipping in my 2c / support here:

LibreQOS is already a part of a project that I am working on at the moment (pending some more deliveries of parts), so I'm hoping to get some testing done myself soon(tm) and be able to share some results with Dave after pushing it with the right hardware. It'd be great if others could also pickup LibreQoS and test it for their own requirements too if you can find the time - maybe we'll even end up with another interesting AusNOG talk about open-source network technology this year, who knows :)

For the unaware - LibreQOS is tied to bufferbloat.net, cerowrt, etc, all of which Dave is heavily involved with. So definitely someone to talk to and a project to checkout if you've been following / are interested in AQM QOS mechanisms like CoDeL, CAKE, etc and the general fun around managing buffer bloat.

- Jacob Bisby