[AusNOG] Ubiquity OLT

David Trad davidtradconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:36:00 AEDT 2023

Thanks for the feedback Mitch, though you might have missed the part in my
initial comment that I am moving to Calix, the request for some assistance
was just that a request, whilst I sort out a move,  plan it and strategies
it. Doing a wholesale change over on a 4+ year old network that I have
inherited is not just expensive but hugeyly time consuming and requires
serious man power, and cooperative customers.

Purchasing extra hardware is an exercise in survivability as the former
individual who looked after the network had neither hot or cold spares ever
in its life time, so if I had an outage my customers would be off-line for
weeks if not months... I was avoiding having to air out my situation, but
I'm a humble person, and most will understand the situation  in.

I have no intent on keeping ubiquity, but I cannot just magically click my
fingers and migrate them. I also have no clue who Zoom is and don't care, I
only ever worry about my own patch unless I'm asked to care someone else's.

Thank you to all who reached out to me late last night, it is what I hoped
for, and reminded of the original intent and purpose of this list 👍🙏

Cheers,

David.