[AusNOG] Ubiquity OLT

Mitch Kelly mitchkelly24 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:44:08 AEDT 2023

Hi,

Whole Ubiquiti is a great option, And for the most part it is, If you are a
Hobbyist.
Sadly Ubiquiti don't really care much about their non LTU Customers, And
even then their firmware has consistently been buggy.

Ubiquiti have been more Business and Money focussed in the last few years,
They are releasing more and more products, But totally ignoring their
previous hardware, firmware and bugs, We have had severe MTU issues on the
hobby network, TO the point that the firmware used it still 16~ months old.

Personally, I would avoid Ubiquiti for any self respecting company use. Its
too problematic, Too many issues/bugs. We ended up using V-SOL OLT's,
(Mining) reasonable price with good reliability, reasonably bug-free (At
Least not game breaking)

Dont be another Zoom Broadband.