[AusNOG] Optus Hack

yahoo yahoo at vapourforge.com
Wed Sep 28 13:09:32 AEST 2022

Switchboard number as in what do you press after you have called the main number.Sent from my Galaxy

I am sick of my bank and teleco calling me and saying “Before we go any further can you please tell me your date of birth so we can confirm we are talking to the right person”…. Well how about you
 confirm who you are before I disclose my DOB to someone who has randomly called me.Amen to that.I flat out refuse to give them any information. My standard response is "Give me your name, switchboard number and extension and I'll call you back".Err no, you want to call them back on their listed number or the one provided on your Official Correspondence From Them You Know To Be True. I doubt there's many on this list prepared to give an unauthenticated caller PII.And many a time I've been in a little dance with them which goes: you give me something to identify you, and then we'll see what we can do next... one step, two steps...Narelle-- Narellenarellec at gmail.com