[AusNOG] Optus Hack

Martin Visser martinvisser99 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:10:58 AEST 2022

Talking about hashing and so on, there are some quite interesting
developments around being able to disclose with confidence to a consuming
entity some information about you without actually sharing the data. For
example one was being able to prove your age is greater than say 18 (at a
pub or club) but without actually disclosing your birthday. Others were
whether you had met some certification or other obligations. I know this
sometimes gets sucked into the whole cryptocurrency/blockchain thing  but I
don't think it has to be fully tied to that.

Anyway, the two podcasts I listened to on this have stimulated me to
looking into it a bit deeper -
https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly/episodes/685 (Sam Curren on DIDs and
DIDcomm) and https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly/episodes/686 (Dave Huseby
on Authentic Data)