[AusNOG] Superloop NBN Outage

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Jan 18 00:27:31 AEDT 2022

Your post comes as an end user, very simple.

On 17/01/2022 23:02, Christopher Hawker wrote:

> I don't think you understood the context of the post Noel. Definitely
> not looking for Whingepool. You're right, these groups have gone to
> shit due to people replying with useless garbage that has no relevance
> to the question being asked (refer to your last e-mail).

when your OT expect to be called out

> For the record, I do operate a network. Whether you own the
> infrastructure the network operates over, the type of network, the end
> user, all of that is irrelevant. I operate networks on behalf of my
> clients. As you may or may not know, AusNOG is here for
> network operators to assist one another, not strictly "I am sending
> routes to Peer B however they are not sending back" type questions
> which may be news to you.

Actually sonny, yes, as I've been on this list since day dot, having,
like a few long time regulars here, come over from the 'ol aussie list
run by Andy at the time, and that's exactly what it is supposed to be

and I don't recall the board ever changing that, of course if they did
and I missed it, no doubt Dave will let me know

> One final question - if the group has gone to shit, why are you still
> here?

I have asked myself that question a few times when I read whingepool
like posts

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.