[AusNOG] Promotional material at AusNOG Events.

Ender ender at hostaway.net.au
Tue Aug 2 18:38:49 AEST 2022

I frequently attend other Australian tech conferences where most
sessions are streamed or recorded, but certain talks have opted out -
either due to the presenting speaker or their organisation.

As an example I've seem a few interesting talks by DSD spooks which
obvious were tightly controlled due to subject matter, whereas others
opt-out simply because the presenter just preferred not to have live or
recorded A/V for privacy or personal reasons.

Those conferences and usergroup meetings seem to be able to deal
perfectly well with this, often simply with a pair of checkboxs within
their CFP submissions process.

I think these all-or-nothing sort of objections seem to be somewhat
specific to this particular NOG community, rather than the geographical
region of Australia/APAC as a whole :)

Cheers,
  Ender