[AusNOG] Amazon Prime subscription scam

DaZZa dazzagibbs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 19:25:48 AEDT 2021

I convinced one of them that I was with the AFP and working with Interpol
to track down and eradicate scammers, and that we had tracked their IP
location and a raid was coming.

The only way she could save herself was to jump up and down with her hands
on her head screaming "I am an agent of Inspector Gadget of the Interpol
task force!"

I could hear her doing it too. I almost died laughing.

DaZZa

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021, 6:46 pm Damien Gardner Jnr, <rendrag at rendrag.net> wrote:

> I had the same lass call me four times in one day. By the last one I was
> more than a little upset.  Each call I'd told her that she and I both knew
> she was probably sitting in a scam center in Kerala, and could she please
> just save us both the wasted time and remove my number from their
> database.  On the fourth one I’ll admit I lost my temper somewhat, and
> ended up telling her that if I ever received another call from her, I’d
> send one of my coworkers from our Kerala offices to find her and remove her
> ovaries with a spoon.  Ive not had a call in six months :)   (That threat
> tends to be weird enough that no-one is sure if you're joking, or really
> really serious :) )
>
> —dg
>
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 6:21 pm, Michael Hockey <mqh at miju.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I thought that the next time I should ask them to call me back on a
>> different number.
>> Now I just need to find the number of the AFP.

>>> Kai