[AusNOG] Amazon Prime subscription scam

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Dec 6 18:46:26 AEDT 2021

I had the same lass call me four times in one day. By the last one I was
more than a little upset.  Each call I'd told her that she and I both knew
she was probably sitting in a scam center in Kerala, and could she please
just save us both the wasted time and remove my number from their
database.  On the fourth one I’ll admit I lost my temper somewhat, and
ended up telling her that if I ever received another call from her, I’d
send one of my coworkers from our Kerala offices to find her and remove her
ovaries with a spoon.  Ive not had a call in six months :)   (That threat
tends to be weird enough that no-one is sure if you're joking, or really
really serious :) )

—dg

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 6:21 pm, Michael Hockey <mqh at miju.com.au> wrote:

> I thought that the next time I should ask them to call me back on a
> different number.
> Now I just need to find the number of the AFP.

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/
 We ran to the sounds of thunder.