[AusNOG] Urgent: Telstra NOC

Nikolas Geyer nik at neko.id.au
Wed Sep 30 08:19:34 EST 2020

Job didn’t ask for a RCA, he asked what action was taken at a very specific time that resolved the impact.

This had major effects on the global Internet routing system, and a lot of networks have applied some level of traffic engineering against AS1222 originated routes. I don’t think it unreasonable that those network operators would like some level of transparency as opposed to blind trust that it’s resolved adequately to a level where pre-impact trust can be inferred against AS1221 again.

This wasn’t just a little hiccup...

Sent from my iPhone