[AusNOG] NBN POI contact

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 19:03:45 EST 2019

On Mon., 11 Mar. 2019, 17:40 Chris Ford, <chris.ford at inaboxgroup.com.au>
wrote:

> > You need to build to all 121 NBN POIs.
> > You can't just put equipment into one.
>
> If you are a hyperlocal provider and only need to connect to handful of
> POIs, especially if you are regional, then this might work.
>
> But yes, a build it and they will come approach to 121 POIs is not for the
> faint of heart.

Why this obsession that the only successful ISP is a national one?

It was nice being less than an hour away from all of the equipment
servicing your 60K customers, and never needing remote hands.

There was the added marketing bonus of being local (although some who were
slightly remote complained about the not being a toll free helpdesk number
🤷. My argument was that we'd do everything we possibly could to prevent
you calling us by trying to avoid you having problems).