[AusNOG] Damage to iiNET HFC cable

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Feb 5 15:20:51 EST 2019

Optus has this: https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-report-hazardous-or-damaged-optus-equipment?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1447&typeId=5
but trying to find it through “Contact Us” is just about impossible.

If you call Support they want all sorts of unnecessary garbage then say “we will roll a truck sometime next week” for cables that are dangling over roads just above car height.

Not that telcos are alone in this regard.  Trying to report faults to companies is hard.

Mark