[AusNOG] Sexual Harassment at AUSNOG Industry Events

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Sun Sep 30 13:06:25 EST 2018

Jon,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 12:43 PM Jonathan Brewer <jon.brewer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Your email to Bevan copying the list was possibly the least appropriate
> response possible. You want him to out his staff that have been harassed,
> because you don't believe him.

I am impartial therefore Bevan claim(s) are valid if he provides the
supporting evidence as e-mail has the lowest "burden of proof".

I am not sure the position that you should be advocating is that men should
protect women and this is what women are seeking, can you please clarify?

Your more then welcome to contact me off list.

wrote:

> You want him to put his staff through it all again, by having their names
> & contact details out there for everyone to see. So that some some
> misogynist trolls (yep there are a few on this list) can use their mastery
> of compromised accounts to anonymously make things worse for them.

No, in fact I clearly stated that it would be treated in confidence and
furthermore repeated his own words.

It is also ironic that the events at the previous conference are coming to
light now.

wrote:

> No one cares if you believe Bevan. There's no way any of the harassers are
> your staff. Your voice doesn't matter in this situation.

Can you please clarify why my "voice doesn't matter in this situation" with
respect to your other statements above?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich