[AusNOG] Telstra mobile issues again?

Mark Tees marktees at gmail.com
Wed May 23 15:43:49 EST 2018

On 23 May 2018 at 08:36, Brenden Cruikshank <brenden at cruikshank.com.au> wrote:
> On the other hand we have a legacy Telstra frame relay service, it’s had
> 100% uptime for as long as I can remember. Old technology just seems so much
> more reliable.

Well, I am just guessing here so please feel free to correct me but
Frame relay delivered services would likely have been: service ->
frame relay gear -> ATM/SDH/POS/DWDM stuff -> frame relay gear ->
service termination

These days lots of things just live on shared IP network land and end
up in shared domains to some extent for convenience, cost, simplicity
etc etc.

In the past it seems like the transport elements of the network were
primarily the shared infrastructure with much smaller problem domains.