[AusNOG] UPS Compatibility with ESXI 6.5 Communication

Bill bill at wjw.nz
Tue Feb 27 16:06:07 EST 2018

Sounds like small scale with a UPS that size At home I have a smart-UPS 1500.  I pass serial comms from the APC UPS to a Linux VM that runs APCUPSD, there are scripts that are triggered by ups events that nicely shutdown my vm’s and NAS devices in the correct order to avoid data corruption.

When power comes back, the auto start feature in ESX starts the VMs in the correct order and allows enough time for the nas’ to come back online.

Let me know if you want any more info.

Cheers,

Bill

Sent from my iPhone