[AusNOG] Vendors back charging on support and maintenance.

trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 27 16:00:38 EST 2018

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018, Richard Bayliss wrote:

> The ACCC consumer guarantee states it doesn’t apply to second hand (private sales) goods, which is the scenario the OP stated.

Private (personal) sales, but businesses are still covered:
https://legalvision.com.au/i-sell-second-hand-goods-do-the-consumer-guarantees-apply/

Again, none of this helps the customer deal with the original vendor
asking for 18mo support in arrears. It might if the hardware died without
support, since many vendors provide a lifetime hardware warranty and as
such it would be reasonable to expect that under the ACL.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |