[AusNOG] Vendors back charging on support and maintenance.

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:58:14 EST 2018

Seems to me it's a "just in time support" tax. If a business doesn't need
support for 2 years but then decides to get support and use the TAC
service, then they're paying for what they're using. To charge customers a
tax because they didn't require the service or support for 2 years is just
large Multinationals pork barrelling and over-inflating their annuity
numbers.

I've spoken to the Office of Fair trade on this matter and they seem to
share my view (that's its unreasonable, however fair trade is really a
mediation service it appears) Hoping to have a conversation later in the
week with the ACCC. I do seriously question the legality of the charge
under Australian consumer law. I suspect this is a North American policy.

Regards,

Peter Tiggerdine

GPG Fingerprint: 2A3F EA19 F6C2 93C1 411D 5AB2 D5A8 E8A8 0E74 6127