[AusNOG] Vendors back charging on support and maintenance.

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Apr 26 16:05:25 EST 2018

Perhaps there is a middle ground like with health insurance? Time limits
for certain claims?

  The main complaint seems to be buying second hand gear, perhaps
providing a bill of sale and a statement saying the hardware is
'currently' working and operational, and a first 1-3 months no RMA or
something similar kind of policy to protect against immediate fraud I
think would be reasonable - this way the second hand kit gets access to
software and TAC while not being at a huge risk of customer turning
around and expecting RMA's day 1, and protecting against some long-con
which seems obviously fraudulent.

But this is all just speculation - current policy is current policy and
if enforced, is gonna suck for Peter's customer.