[AusNOG] Switch installation in data centre racks - front facing, or rear facing?

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 15:08:07 EST 2017

Because SPs have the luxury to not use structured cabling, due to scale
where all switch ports share a common configuration, so there's no need for
a patch panel, just patch direct to the switch, whereas in enterprise,
inadvertent swapping of ports leads to P1s, hence, structured cabling is
fairly ubiquitous.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins