[AusNOG] Switch installation in data centre racks - front facing, or rear facing?

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 15:26:02 EST 2017

that would mean the concept of patch by exception does not require
patch panels and clearly even with that methodology it's used. Seems
like some crack smoking logic there. I bet 90% of most peoples access
layer has the same configuration on their switches.

I don't think scale has anything todo with it. Sounds more about
margin, the cost of RU space and how close to the wind most SP are
flying which, in-turns means paying engineers peanuts and doing
whatever to bring the revenue in.

Regards,

Peter Tiggerdine

GPG Fingerprint: 2A3F EA19 F6C2 93C1 411D 5AB2 D5A8 E8A8 0E74 6127