[AusNOG] Recommendations for reliable LTE devices

Mark Tees marktees at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:42:48 EST 2017

Morning everybody,

I was wondering what people are using for LTE terminations these days.

Use case is simply a reliable interface for customer end site backup
links/internet traffic etc.

At present I have been suggesting using Cradlepoint IBR series hooked
into either Juniper or Cisco gear as they have been pretty reliable
for me.

Ideally:

* Something in the $200-300 range.

* Presents an ethernet port.

* Takes a SIM directly.

* Has external antenna's.

* Optionally supports some variation of IP pass thru, VPN, or GRE.

The pain point in the past is the various consumer dongles either
dying or requiring me to script something to reboot them when they
drop.

Cheers,

Mark