[AusNOG] Recommendations for network status pages

andrew at mcnaughty.com andrew at mcnaughty.com
Thu May 18 18:52:02 EST 2017

I'll check that out.

I've been using uptimerobot.com 's free service, which does a reasonably good job, is easy to use, and has both official and unofficial android apps.  I've tried the commercial version and for my purposes it didn't add much.  The alerts weren't reliably quicker.  The commercial service allows you to set up more alerts, which would be important if you are monitoring for many clients, but it might be a more appropriate tool for clients to use themselves.

I also use Nagios, mostly because it allows for monitoring disk usage level, backup freshness, security update status, etc which aren't as easily monitored via a third party service.

Andrew