[AusNOG] NBN VDSL Speeds | Line Sync | Determining Max Throughput

Nick Kamenyitzky nick at kamenyitzky.com.au
Wed Mar 15 11:09:09 EST 2017

On 14 March 2017 at 20:47, Nick Pratley <
nick.pratley at serversaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> I sync at 46/17 and buy 50/20. The line isn't that long so I am sure if I
> purchased 100/40 it'll sync higher.

I doubt that would be the case in your situation.  The normal 50/20 sync
rate is something like 55/22 (to allow for the extra L1 overheads of DSL as
NBN provide a L2 AVC speed).  If your modem is syncing at less than 55/22
on a 50/20 plan then you line would be maxed out.  If your line isn't very
long as you've said then you might have some internal wiring that can be
disconnected or have an issue in the street.

Kind Regards,

Nick Kamenyitzky

Email: nick at kamenyitzky.com.au