[AusNOG] NBN VDSL Speeds | Line Sync | Determining Max Throughput

Richard Ham (lists) rich-lists at edit-co.com
Tue Mar 14 21:04:49 EST 2017

My Zyxel VMG8324-B10A shows the following stat on a 50/20 service. A NF8AC doesn’t have any such stats that I can find.

               Line Rate:     22.599 Mbps       54.998 Mbps

    Actual Net Data Rate:     22.600 Mbps       54.999 Mbps

Attainable Net Data Rate:     39.884 Mbps       97.528 Mbps

A cisco 887 I have says the following in an sh controllers vdsl 0

Attainable Rate:        138131 kbits/s           48351 kbits/s

-snip-

                  DS Channel1     DS Channel0   US Channel1       US Channel0

Speed (kbps):             0            28000             0              6400

Cheers,

Richard

You'll sync at your purchased speed, with attainable rate showing your line's possible maximum.  E.g. I pay for 50/20, so sync at 55/22.  When I was previously paying for 100/40 on the same line, I was syncing at 110/44.  Not sure on attainable rate, as the HG658 doesn't show it :\