[AusNOG] NBN and CVC

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Sun Jul 30 14:14:40 EST 2017

> On 29 Jul 2017, at 8:23 pm, Trent Farrell <tbflists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've always assumed the reasoning was that it allowed for a simple way to plan your aggs when thinking scalability etc. Not defending the reasoning, it seems to be an ancient trunky way of thinking about architecture.

I suspect you’re right. TW aggregation was the same way.

> I have little faith the big guys could handle the provisioning load that would land if CVC became more accessible though. Mess.

I don’t think it’d be much of a burden - I suspect that this is going to be less burden or could be made to be.  eg. if you’re big enough to be running multiple ports toward NBN then you can scale them up and the CVC will burst as required.  Otherwise you have to be in there hand managing CVC sizes all the time.

MMC