[AusNOG] NBN and telstra

Chard, Alex (RET-SYD) Alex.Chard at relx.com
Tue Jul 4 09:54:55 EST 2017

I have signed up for NBN in the last few weeks at home. We signed up with one RSP, and Telstra a few days later.
Being an HFC area, each ISP needed to book an appointment for installation. Despite placing the order nearly a week later, Telstra managed to get their appointment a full week faster.
It sure does feel like this field is tilted…

Of course neither appointment was able to get us connected first go, but that’s a story for another time…

Alex Chard
Consulting Network Engineer
RELX Technology Services
475 Victoria Ave, Chatswood, NSW 2067