[AusNOG] Verizon in AU still in business?

Frank Lin twin.monkeys.enterprises at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:38:29 EST 2017

Thank you David and Shelva,

Here is a lesson for those running tech call centres (Verizon):
- Do not close the repair job after sending requests email to non-existing
account manager and client.

<RANT>
I logged a repair ticket VEC. The tech reported the PSTN line in question
was disconnected back in 2012. They the account manager to contact me and
CC both in the closed ticket email.

I was stupid enough to wait for email from this account manager after
sending in my questions and stating what the tech found was incorrect.

I have been ringing the tech support line every day for the past 2 weeks
and they are still unable to answer any of my questions. I still have not
spoken to anyone from Verizon based in Australia. My attempt to call the St
Leonard number failed with calls dropping constantly.

The funny thing that just happened today is I was given a 1800 number to
their internal sales team who is assisting me to get the PSTN back but that
number is incorrect ("the number you have called is incorrect or not
available from this service"). I was then given a US number to call - so I
can get to speak to someone in Philippines.

I am sure there are Verizon staff on Australian soil as LinkedIn list a
whole bunch of them... but it seems no one knows what is going on...

I might have to close all my Verizon accounts from all other company
accounts as this simple job has caused me so much pain!!!
</RANT>
Frank