[AusNOG] Exetel corporate fibre outage SA

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 08:56:50 EST 2016

On 26 Oct. 2016 08:04, "paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au" <
paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au> wrote:

> If it’s Telstra providing the service in the background then it’s because
their testers don’t work after hours, or somebody who can actually help,
having an after hours fault with a Telstra Ethernet service is a whole
other level of pain, they virtually don’t do anything after hours, it’s a
disgrace, something we have been fighting with them about for years.

This just sounds like service availability expectations are far greater the
amount being paid. In a competitive market, most of the time, you're going
to get what you pay for.

Alternatively, if the service isn't as available as promised and paid for,
penalise under SLA terms or start getting quotes from competitors.

If availability is as important as it sounds, where's the redundant links?

(I've been on the other side - some customers seem to somehow expect that
your links to them will never ever go down and your equipment they're
attached to will always be available, meaning never fails and never needs
maintenance - yet they understand failures occur with every other device
they have and use - cars, phones, their own computers ...)

Regards,
Mark.

> Paul

Dixon
> Sent: Wednesday, 26 October 2016 1:54 AM
> To: Bradley Amm
> Cc: <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>
> Subject: Re: [AusNOG] Exetel corporate fibre outage SA
>

> we called them about 15 times, we were told that their last update from
Telstra was at 8pm and there was nothing else they could do until 7am as
the people required to fix the problem can't be contacted until then.

Bradley.Amm at telethonkids.org.au> wrote:

> I assume you have logged a support issue

SA?

> we've been off the air for a little over 5 hours now, wondering if anyone
else is copping the pain and/or knows some insider knowledge on why it's
been down so damn long :(