[AusNOG] Data Retention - are you kidding me??

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Tue Nov 22 15:50:51 EST 2016

On Nov 22, 2016, at 3:48 PM, Sam Silvester <sam.silvester at gmail.com> wrote:

> Customer A might have a CGNAT outside IP 192.0.2.1 port range 10001 to 11000
> Customer B might have a CGNAT outside IP 192.0.2.1 port range 20001 to 21000

Something I’ve been curious about for a while:

How many people on this list are using IPv4 CGNAT?

My back of the envelope figures for IPv4 consumption vs internet subscriber growth in this region strongly suggest that you all have many years of IPv4 supply remaining, and have no need to deploy expensive and unreliable CGNAT.

Have any of you missed out on addresses badly enough to need it?

   - mark