[AusNOG] Data Retention - are you kidding me??

David Beveridge dave at bevhost.com
Tue Nov 22 15:27:07 EST 2016

https://www.ag.gov.au/NationalSecurity/DataRetention/Documents/Dataset.pdf

2. The source of a communication
Identifiers of a related account, service or device from which a
communication has been sent or attempted to be sent by means of the
relevant service.

Identifiers for the source of a communication may include, but are not
limited to:
• the phone number, IMSI, IMEI from which a call or SMS was made
• identifying details (such as username, address, number) of the account,
service or device from which a text, voice, or multi-media communication
was made (examples include email, Voice over IP (VoIP), instant message
Topic Description of information Explanation or video communication)
*• the IP address and port number allocated to the subscriber or device
connected to the internet at the time of the communication, or *
• any other service or device identifier known to the provider that
uniquely identifies the source of the communication. In all instances, the
identifiers retained to identify the source of the communication are the
ones relevant to, or used in, the operation of the particular service in
question.