[AusNOG] Did I miss something?

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Wed Nov 16 09:42:03 EST 2016

I find it pretty sad that we hear about these types of very significant rulings via media, where is the governments obligation to communicate this stuff to carriers and the hundreds of ISP’s they now know about due to DR.
And for the usual people who will comment about this I don’t care if you think we should seek out every piece of information ourselves, the government has a responsibility to communicate these things.

All this seems to be doing is hurting the people that put their money into infrastructure and build stuff to service markets that others don’t care about, the comments from TPG are spot on I think, where was this stuff prior to TPG announcing their rollout ? I think the answer to that is nowhere, until NBN realised there was going to be a whole new chunk of competition in the market they weren’t concerned, as soon as TPG made the announcement  they sought to protect their network by blocking everybody else from playing the game.

Fair playing field ? I think not.

I also wonder if there was ever going to be this type of problem if NBN had gone with FTTP for all customers, including multi-tenant, VDSL and vectoring would never have come into it then.

Paul