[AusNOG] Telstra wholesale EA fibre shaping

Simon Dixon simon at dicko.net.au
Tue May 3 21:40:29 EST 2016

Juniper SRX Routers as CPE has worked well for us,  the egress shaper is
easier to setup then on Cisco's, and just works.

The early days of the EA product were a nightmare, until Telstra came out
with the second revision of the bust rates.  But it has proved to be a very
stable service.

Having to do shaping on the CPE to get committed access rates on egress
traffic has proved a headache  in the past, but has also reduced the number
of customers using CPE equipment that they shouldn't really be using
anyway.   Which is a massive positive for supporting them.

Simon.