[AusNOG] Open Networking

Greg Anderson ganderson at raywhite.com
Mon Jul 4 17:21:43 EST 2016

My question would be regarding buffer sizes.  Looking at the Dell S3048-ON
BaseT switch, it has only 4MB buffers, the SFP+ S4048-ON has 12MB buffers,
but this is about 1/10th to 1/3 (respectively) of what a Nexus 9300 series
has (~37-52MB).

Is this really enough to run a converged network environment in a
datacentre, especially with iSCSI being one of those protocols?

(Appreciate any advice either on or off list)

Thanks,
Greg.