[AusNOG] 10GbE Switching Options

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Fri Jul 1 15:01:07 EST 2016

Look backwards... they've been saying things for how long now?

They can say all they like, but in the end, there is a risk - maybe not a
big one, because equipment will happily work as it does now.

But that doesn't mean future releases of EOS might lose some features.  If
they have infringed (and I could care less if they have), then they won't
be able to just do the same thing in another way... that what IP protects.
So likely it will be a different feature people will have to move to -
which will mean changes.

Personally I think in the end Arista will disappear, be bought by someone -
maybe Cisco, gutted, etc... that is the best play for them.

...Skeeve

*Skeeve Stevens - Founder & The Architect* - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
Email: skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com ; Web: eintellegonetworks.com

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; Skype: skeeve ; LinkedIn: /in/skeeve
<http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: Profile
<https://expert360.com/profile/d54a9> ; Keybase: https://keybase.io/skeeve